Fundamentals (Intro) to Bolulinum Toxin and Dermal Fillers (Partnership with Seamless Heath and MedAesthetics Training)
May 9 @ 9:00 am - May 10 @ 5:00 pm$4300
Seamless Health is partnering with Medaesthetics Training to offer an AAFP* ACCREDITED Introduction to Neuromodulators and Dermal Fillers workshop! The course includes a didactic and hands-on training session. Attendees receive a Certificate of Training upon successful completion of the course. This course is Approved for 9.5 AAFP Prescribed credits (transferrable to Main Pro C credits)
Limited attendance to ensure a small student:instructor ratio.
We recognize that one day to learn about neuromodulators and dermal fillers is NOT ENOUGH!
Our goal is to prepare a very knowledgeable and competent practitioner and set them up for success!
At Seamless Health and Medical Aesthetics, we offer one day focusing on Neuromodulators, one day for Dermal Fillers and a separate 4 hour mentorship session for each attendee dedicated to providing even MORE hands-on experience.
We offer affordable, ongoing workshops and trainings throughout the year to maintain and learn new skills after your initial course. There are mentorships and shadowing opportunities available after completion of the course, with in-house medical direction.
The course is available to Physicians (MD), Nurse Practitioners (NP), Registered Nurses (RN), and Registered Practical Nurses (RPN), who are licensed in Ontario, Canada.
No previous experience is necessary.
- Discuss the goals of aesthetic procedures including the types of aging and how the skin changes as it ages
- Increase knowledge of facial anatomy in reference to injectable procedures including facial muscles and understanding the layers of the skin
- Information on the history, mechanism of action, and safety of Botulinum Toxin-A
- Discuss the proper preparation and reconstitution techniques for Botulinum Toxin-A
- Examine Botulinum Toxin-A dosage and injection techniques for the glabellar region, frontalis, bunny lines, crows feet area, and brow lift procedures
- Understand the use and role of dermal fillers
- Analyze the hylauronic acid classification methods, common areas of use and depth of injection for hyaluronic acid dermal fillers
- Understand the types and uses of the most common hyaluronic acid dermal fillers in Canada.
- Examine dermal filler techniques and injection methods for lip enhancement, lip augmentation, marionette lines, nasolabial folds and midface volumization.
- Discuss types of anesthesia
- Understand common complications that may occur with Botulinum Toxin-A and/or dermal filler injections and how to manage these complications with proper safety protocols
- Evaluate correct patient selection criteria, the importance of medical history review and elements of a successful aesthetic patient consultation
- Lean how to explain pre-care, post care, risks and side-effects and from there create a comprehensive treatment plan
- Establish and exhibit successful skills in performing live model consultations
- Demonstrate correct injection methods and techniques for Botulinum Toxin-A and dermal fillers
Attendees will receive agenda and reference materials to review prior to the course as well as consent forms, history forms, a PDF, and printed booklets and reference material for use in their practice going forwards in their careers. The reference materials will be emailed approximately 14 days prior to the course date and once payment has been made in full. The presentation booklet will be handed out to attendees at the course. During the didactic portion we will cover:
- Review facial anatomy
- Discuss the history and pharmacology of Botox® Cosmetic, Dysport®, Xeomin® and dermal fillers
- Go over reconstitution techniques for Botox® Cosmetic, Dysport® and Xeomin®
- Understand client selection and preparation
- Learn the indications, contraindications and treatment techniques for each area and/or product
- Examine possible side-effects and after-treatment protocols
After the didactic session, you will gain extensive knowledge and real-life experience with clinical hands-on training. You will perform client consultations, come up with treatment plans and perform injections all under direct supervision by the team. This includes meeting with the model, going over history and consent forms, conducting a skin analysis while understanding what outcome the model would like.
From there, the instructor will assist in determining the appropriate type and amount of product which will be injected by the attendees of the course. Models and products are provided.
The exact product used will be dependent on the needs and wants of the model. Some models may request a certain type of botulinum toxin or filler, where others may ask for recommendations. During this time you will discuss the strengths of each product to determine the best treatment option. This is a superb real-life experience and will prepare you for the situations that arise outside of the training course.
During the hands-on experience, you will discuss and practice the fundamental skills of performing injections with neuromodulators and dermal fillers. You will learn the fundamentals of performing injections for fine lines, marionette lines (corner of the mouth), midface volumization (cheek enhancement), and nasolabial folds (smile lines and/or laugh lines). The products available during the hands-on training session will represent all of the Health Canada approved suppliers. We do not show bias to any one product.
Course Materials and Certification
Attendees will receive relevant reference materials to review prior to the course as well as access to consent forms, history forms, a PDF and printed booklet about dermal fillers. The reference materials will be emailed approximately 14 days prior to the course date and once payment has been received in full.
The presentation booklet will be handed out to attendees at the course. After successfully completing the course, attendees will receive official “Certificate– Introduction to Neuromodulators and Dermal Fillers”. Our class ratio and additional 4 hour mentorship post workshop allows exposure to all skills.
**CME Credit Information:
This Basic Botulinum Toxin-A and Dermal Filler Training, from 04/01/2019 – 03/31/2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 9.50 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Participants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed credit, not as Category 1. The AAFP prescribed credits are also transferrable to Main Pro C credits.